Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
Hudson Valley News
Wed December 5, 2012
Arrest made in slaying of Hudson Valley woman
Authorities say an upstate New York man has been arrested in Florida for killing a 67-year-old woman whose body was found in her Hudson Valley home on Thanksgiving Day. WAMC’s Dave Lucas has more…
State police say that Justin Curran was arrested Tuesday night in Tampa, Fla., with the help of local police and U.S. Marshals.
Lt. James Murphy says Wednesday he'll be returned to New York after being charged with second-degree murder in the slaying of Laurie Ferguson.
Police say Curran lived in the same mobile home park in Hyde Park where Ferguson's body was found on Nov. 22. Authorities say she had been stabbed to death. Her car was found the next day at the nearby Staatsburg Reservoir.
Police haven't released a motive. Information on whether Curran has a lawyer wasn't initially available.
© 2012 AP