Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Thu May 3, 2012
Artisanal Pencil Sharpener, David Rees
David Rees energetically eschews mechanical pencils and electric sharpeners. In his new book, How to Sharpen Pencils, he educates the reader on the satisfying process of hand-sharpening a #2 pencil.
Rees presents two pencil sharpening events in the Hudson Valley this weekend - he'll be at Hudson Valley Auctioneers in Beacon on Saturday 5/5 and at Spotty Dog Books and Ale in Hudson on Sunday 5/6.
Music - "The Scent of Pencil Shavings " - Smithfield Fair
Arts & Culture