Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
Thu May 3, 2012
Artisanal Pencil Sharpener, David Rees
David Rees energetically eschews mechanical pencils and electric sharpeners. In his new book, How to Sharpen Pencils, he educates the reader on the satisfying process of hand-sharpening a #2 pencil.
Rees presents two pencil sharpening events in the Hudson Valley this weekend - he'll be at Hudson Valley Auctioneers in Beacon on Saturday 5/5 and at Spotty Dog Books and Ale in Hudson on Sunday 5/6.
Music - "The Scent of Pencil Shavings " - Smithfield Fair
Arts & Culture