Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- How Technology Is Transforming Archaeology
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Thu May 3, 2012
Artisanal Pencil Sharpener, David Rees
David Rees energetically eschews mechanical pencils and electric sharpeners. In his new book, How to Sharpen Pencils, he educates the reader on the satisfying process of hand-sharpening a #2 pencil.
Rees presents two pencil sharpening events in the Hudson Valley this weekend - he'll be at Hudson Valley Auctioneers in Beacon on Saturday 5/5 and at Spotty Dog Books and Ale in Hudson on Sunday 5/6.
Music - "The Scent of Pencil Shavings " - Smithfield Fair
Arts & Culture