Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
Thu May 3, 2012
Artisanal Pencil Sharpener, David Rees
David Rees energetically eschews mechanical pencils and electric sharpeners. In his new book, How to Sharpen Pencils, he educates the reader on the satisfying process of hand-sharpening a #2 pencil.
Rees presents two pencil sharpening events in the Hudson Valley this weekend - he'll be at Hudson Valley Auctioneers in Beacon on Saturday 5/5 and at Spotty Dog Books and Ale in Hudson on Sunday 5/6.
Music - "The Scent of Pencil Shavings " - Smithfield Fair
Arts & Culture