Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
Thu August 30, 2012
Assemblyman Ortiz doesn't expect Speaker Silver to fall
New York State Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver is facing a possible ethics probe after it was disclosed this week that he steered more than one-hundred-thousand dollars in secret payments to settle sexual harassment charges levied against Democrat Vito Lopez. But fellow Brooklyn Assemblyman Felix Ortiz tells WAMC’s Capitol Connection program that he doesn’t expect Silver to be ousted.
"Probably he will continue to have members' support," Ortiz told WAMC. "I think Shelly is a person that knows how to move his cards. I think the Speaker will continue to do what he has done for the people of the state of New York."