Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
New York News
Fri November 8, 2013
Assemblywoman Cracks Down On Puppy Mills
New York Governor Andrew Cuomo is being urged to sign into law a bill that would give local governments across New York more power to regulate pet dealers, thereby cracking down on abusive puppy mills that supply dogs.
Assemblywoman Linda Rosenthal, a Democrat from Manhattan, sponsored the bill that cleared both houses.
She says the law would give localities oversight to require pet store puppies and other animals to be spayed or neutered before sale.
Capital Region News