Most Active Stories
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Williams College New Environmental Center Reaching For High Bar
New York News
Tue January 7, 2014
Astorino Still Considering NY Gubernatorial Run
Westchester County Executive Robert Astorino says he has yet to decide whether to challenge Gov. Andrew Cuomo, even as he criticized the governor's performance.
The Republican says he expects to make a decision on whether to run in the next 60 days. Astorino is considered by Republicans to be one of their best candidates to take on the popular Democratic governor this year. Astorino visited Albany on Tuesday. He says he's been traveling the state and talking to donors, but is also considering the toll a campaign would take on his family.
The recently re-elected county executive called Cuomo's proposal to freeze property taxes a "farce" that does little to address the costs driving the state's relatively high tax burden.
© 2014 AP