Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
Hudson Valley News
Thu April 25, 2013
Astorino Submits Source Of Income Legislation
Faced with a federal Justice Department deadline of today (Thursday), Westchester County Executive Robert Astorino submitted source of income legislation to the county Board of Legislators on Wednesday.
Astorino, who had accused the feds of “bullying” the county regarding its affordable housing settlement with the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, faced contempt of court charges and fines to the county had he not submitted the legislation.
In his letter to county lawmakers, Republican Astorino urged them to adopt his legislation, promising to sign it when passed.
“It is time for the administration to work through the necessary requirements of the housing settlement without all of the overheated political rhetoric – for the sake of all of our residents and taxpayers,” said Board of Legislators’ Chairman Kenneth Jenkins, a Democrat.