Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Fri January 21, 2005
Athens Dredging Project is Questioned
By Allison Dunne
Athens, NY – The comment period has been extended until next month for a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers proposal. The proposal is for deepening a navigational channel in the Hudson River, in Greene County. Some groups say the project is fraught with environmental and economic problems; and the head of one of these groups is calling on an area congressman to sink the project. In addition, the Army Corps says it's been put in an unusual position. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.