Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Fri January 21, 2005
Athens Dredging Project is Questioned
By Allison Dunne
Athens, NY – The comment period has been extended until next month for a U.S. Army Corps of Engineers proposal. The proposal is for deepening a navigational channel in the Hudson River, in Greene County. Some groups say the project is fraught with environmental and economic problems; and the head of one of these groups is calling on an area congressman to sink the project. In addition, the Army Corps says it's been put in an unusual position. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.