Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
New England News
Fri July 13, 2012
August Air Show At Westover Expected To Draw 500,000 People
One of the largest air shows in the country will be held later this summer in western Massachusetts. WAMC’s Paul Tuthill reports.
The Westover Air Force Reserve base in Chicopee will host what organizers say will be the largest air show in the history of the base over the weekend of Aug 4 and 5th.. Lt Col David Heroux says there will be more than 60 aircraft on display and airborne.
The theme for the show is a “ Salute to the Greatest Generation”. There will be World War Two reenactors along with military equipment form that era .. The free show will also serve as a public showcase for Westover at a time when its future is clouded by proposed Pentagon budget cuts.. Chicopee officials expect a half million people could attend the air show.