Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
New York News
Wed September 26, 2012
Authorities Probe Shooting Death of Western NY School Official
The investigation continues into the shooting death of a small-town school superintendent in Western New York... more from WAMC's Dave Lucas.
The Chautauqua County Sheriff's Office says its investigators continue to look for clues in the fatal shooting of 51-year-old Keith Reed Jr., the superintendent in Clymer, on the Pennsylvania border in New York's southwest corner.
The school chief had been reported missing Sunday. Chautauqua County Sheriff Joseph Gerace said Reed had been shot multiple times. His body was found Monday about 150 feet from his home in the rural town. Officials say the slaying does not appear to have been a random act.
Reed had been Clymer's superintendent since November. He had previously worked as an administrator at schools in the Elmira area and in Chenango and Steuben counties.
(c) 2012 Associated Press.