Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Tue May 6, 2003
Autism Treatment Center Dir. to Speak at Kiwanis Club
By Arlen Cellana
Great Barrington, MA – Raun Kaufman, director of Global Outreach at the Autism Treatment Center of America in Sheffield, Massachusetts will be speaking to the Kiwanis Club in Great Barrington this evening. Diagnosed as profoundly autistic at 18 months Kaufman, who is fully recovered from autism, will explain what the treatment center is and how its program works. Berkshire Bureau Chief Arlen Cellana spoke with Kaufman and others about autism and how it can be dealt with.