Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
WAMC New York News
Tue July 19, 2005
Backup Power Issue Resurfaces at Indian Point
By Allison Dunne
Buchanan, NY – A U.S. Senator from New York who has been pushing for the Nuclear Regulatory Commission to require backup power to emergency sirens at nuclear power plants, says legislation to do so is about ready to be tacked onto a larger bill. Coincidentally, this comes as the tower that sends signals to operate the emergency sirens around the Indian Point nuclear power plant lost power Monday night. WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Allison Dunne has more.