Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
WAMC New York News
Mon March 15, 2004
Backyard Trash Burning Ban Considered
By Pat Bradley
Plattsburgh, NY – New York may join a growing number of states that ban the burning of household and farm trash in backyard burn barrels. State law currently allows for open burning of solid waste in towns with a population of 20,000 or less. Legislation has been proposed that would prohibit such open burning statewide. But farmers are concerned that there is no viable option for them to turn to if a ban is imposed
More from North Country Bureau Chief Pat Bradley reports.