Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
WAMC New York News
Wed October 19, 2005
Bail Fund Study Gets Shot Down
By Deborah Runcie
Poughkeepsie, NY – In order to deal with the ongoing overcrowding of the Dutchess County jail, Democrats in the county legislature proposed a feasibility study to see if a bail fund would free up cells by releasing non-violent criminals.
The proposal was shot down by Republicans who consider the idea a dangerous one.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.