Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Scenic Rail Expected To Be Running In Northern Berkshires This Summer
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Threats Lead To Hamilton College Lockdown
WAMC New York News
Wed October 19, 2005
Bail Fund Study Gets Shot Down
By Deborah Runcie
Poughkeepsie, NY – In order to deal with the ongoing overcrowding of the Dutchess County jail, Democrats in the county legislature proposed a feasibility study to see if a bail fund would free up cells by releasing non-violent criminals.
The proposal was shot down by Republicans who consider the idea a dangerous one.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.