Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
WAMC New York News
Wed October 19, 2005
Bail Fund Study Gets Shot Down
By Deborah Runcie
Poughkeepsie, NY – In order to deal with the ongoing overcrowding of the Dutchess County jail, Democrats in the county legislature proposed a feasibility study to see if a bail fund would free up cells by releasing non-violent criminals.
The proposal was shot down by Republicans who consider the idea a dangerous one.
WAMC's Hudson Valley Bureau Chief Deborah Runcie has more.