Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Shakespeare & Company's Founding Artistic Dir. Speaks About Recent Leadership Resignations
WAMC New York News
Tue May 24, 2011
Ban on Indoor Tanning by Youths Moves in NY
Albany, NY – A bipartisan effort to ban youths from using indoor tanning booths is being pushed in the New York Legislature. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
A press conference today in Albany will include lawmakers as well as officials from the American Cancer Society and the medical community.
Senator Charles Fuschillo and Assemblyman Harvey Weisenberg, both of Long Island, will be pushing their bill with the help of a cancer survivor and a teenager who will speak about how youths feel about indoor tanning.
If passed, New York would have the first indoor tanning ban in the nation for youths under 18 years old.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.