Most Active Stories
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- The Gooey Chocolate Cookie Recipe That's Worth $5,000
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
WAMC New York News
Tue May 24, 2011
Ban on Indoor Tanning by Youths Moves in NY
Albany, NY – A bipartisan effort to ban youths from using indoor tanning booths is being pushed in the New York Legislature. WAMC's Tristan O'Neill reports...
A press conference today in Albany will include lawmakers as well as officials from the American Cancer Society and the medical community.
Senator Charles Fuschillo and Assemblyman Harvey Weisenberg, both of Long Island, will be pushing their bill with the help of a cancer survivor and a teenager who will speak about how youths feel about indoor tanning.
If passed, New York would have the first indoor tanning ban in the nation for youths under 18 years old.
Tristan O'Neill, WAMC News.
Copyright 2011 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.