Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
- The Truth About The Left Brain / Right Brain Relationship
New England News
Fri June 15, 2012
Bank Sues Curt Schilling for $2.4M
A bank has sued Curt Schilling to recover $2.4 million in loans it made to the former Boston Red Sox pitcher's video game company. WAMC’s Lucas Willard reports…
The Boston Globe reports that RBS Citizens, better known as Citizens Bank, says Schilling personally guaranteed the debt to the bank but has "failed and refused" to pay it.
Schilling's 38 Studios filed for Chapter 7 bankruptcy protection last week. It laid off its entire workforce in May soon after it was late in making a $1.1 million payment to the Rhode Island Economic Development Corp.
The company was lured from Massachusetts to Rhode Island in 2010 after receiving a $75 million loan guarantee from the state.
Messages were left Thursday with public relations companies representing Schilling.
Lucas Willard, WAMC News.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.