Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
Fri September 28, 2012
Barre, Vermont Police Probe Assault on Deputy Sheriff
Police in Barre are looking for a man who fled the scene after nearly running down a sheriff's deputy who was working on a traffic control detail.
Barre police say the deputy was working a traffic detail at the intersection of Washington and Academy streets early Friday when a white Subaru Impreza came toward the deputy and forced him to jump into his cruiser to avoid being hit.
The car then hit a utility pole and the driver jumped out and fled. The sheriff tried to pursue the man, but was limited by his own injuries suffered by jumping out of the way.
The incident remains under investigation.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.