Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
New England News
Fri January 18, 2013
BC's band to perform in inaugural parade
BOSTON (AP) — Boston College's marching band will be heading to Washington to join in the inaugural parade down Pennsylvania Avenue to the White House.
The parade will follow President Barack Obama's swearing-in and inaugural address on Monday.
College officials say the 155-member band will perform the University's fight song, "For Boston," along the parade route.
Band director David Healey says the performance will be a "once in a lifetime opportunity" for band members.
The "Screaming Eagles" marching band also performed when Obama, then a U.S. senator, gave a speech at Boston College in 2005.
The tradition of an inaugural parade dates back to the first inauguration, when George Washington took his oath of office in New York City.