Most Active Stories
- Next In NYS: Legal Marijuana?
- Family Of Norman Rockwell Angered Over Conclusions Drawn In New Rockwell Biography
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- An Apple A Day Keeps The Doctor Away, And Statins Do, Too
- Dr. Robert Levenson, University of California Berkeley - Genetics of Marital Bliss
Fri October 4, 2013
Beach Boy Brian Wilson Trades Licks With Guitar God Jeff Beck
From early surf music to the universally lauded Pet Sounds, solo records, and influential production work, even Gershwin and Disney, Brian Wilson has done everything in his more than five decades in music. One of our greatest songwriters, Wilson has been honored by the Kennedy Center, the Grammy’s, and the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Rolling Stone ranked Wilson among its “100 Greatest Singers” and called the Beach Boys the 12th greatest group ever.
Wilson’s shadow is vast, his music helping to define an aspirational vision of America that remains a potent myth today. He’s also a well-known survivor, having overcome the depths of addiction, tragedy, and mental illness.
Now 71, he’s as busy as ever. First was the Beach Boys' 50th anniversary album and tour that wrapped up last year. And as he readies a new solo album, Wilson is back on the road with another legend, Jeff Beck, and fellow Beach Boys David Marks and Al Jardine. The tour will stop in Albany at the Palace Theatre on October 8.
Arts & Culture
Arts & Culture