Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
Arts & Culture
Wed August 13, 2014
Beach Boys' Mike Love Gets Around To Tanglewood
Summer might not be endless here in the Northeast, but our region is gearing up for some more “Fun Fun Fun” before fall when The Beach Boys stop at Tanglewood in Lenox, Massachusetts this Monday night, featuring original members Bruce Johnston and Mike Love.
For more than 50 years, the Beach Boys have helped to define the sound of America, and Mike Love’s distinctive vocals have made an indelible mark on the history of pop music in songs like “Surfin’ USA,” “I Get Around,” “California Girls,” “Kokomo” and dozens more.
As frontman, Love has been the keeper of the flame through many ups and downs since forming the group with his cousins the Wilson brothers in 1961.