Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New York News
Wed July 14, 2004
Bears Making More Appearances in Western Mass.
By Kelly Wilkinson
Northampton, MA – As the black bear population continues to increase in the eastern United States -- and people move deeper into the woods to build houses -- the number of human-bear interactions has steadily risen. State officials in Massachusetts are helping residents in the western part of the state figure out how to coexist with the animals. More from WAMC's Kelly Wilkinson.