Most Active Stories
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- Beyond Addiction: How Science and Kindness Help People Change
- Dr. Chad Jensen, Brigham Young University - Specific types of bullying have specific results
- From The Museum To The Dorm Room: Williams Art Loan Program
Thu August 16, 2012
Bennington, Vermont Considers Boosting Business Loans
The town of Bennington, Vt., is looking at boosting the amount people can borrow under its business loan program.
The proposed change would allow people to borrow from $25,000 to $100,000 to start or expand a business.
Officials tell the Bennington Banner the language and requirements of the existing municipal loan program date back to the late 1990s. They said commercial banking and lending requirements have changed a lot since then.
The town is also looking to update the application process, too. The town would require a full business plan and information on collateral that applicants are putting up against the loan.
Copyright 2012 Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.