Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
WAMC New England News
Mon March 13, 2006
Berkshire Compact for Higher Education
By Carrie Saldo
Pittsfield, MA – In his book, The World is Flat, Thomas Friedman asserts that the United States transitioned from an agricultural society to an industrial one by making secondary education the societal norm. And, as our Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo reports more than 40 educational, business and civic leaders have banded together and are calling for upping the educational anti once again.