Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- WAMC Spring Series: A Look At Maple Season
- Jill Stein Weighs A Run For President...
WAMC New England News
Thu June 14, 2007
Berkshire County health trails rest of state
By Carrie Saldo
Pittsfield, MA – Many of the residents in Berkshire County are in poorer health when compared to residents in the rest of Massachusetts. Alcohol abuse, obesity, and tobacco use are among the health problems more prevalent in the Berkshires.
WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, has this report;