Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
WAMC New England News
Thu June 14, 2007
Berkshire County health trails rest of state
By Carrie Saldo
Pittsfield, MA – Many of the residents in Berkshire County are in poorer health when compared to residents in the rest of Massachusetts. Alcohol abuse, obesity, and tobacco use are among the health problems more prevalent in the Berkshires.
WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief, Carrie Saldo, has this report;