Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
WAMC New York News
Wed July 7, 2004
Berkshire Couples Share Stories of Gay Marriage
By Kelly Wilkinson
Great Barrington, MA – It's now been almost two months since the first gay marriages were legalized in Massachusetts. Some Berkshire County couples whose same sex marriages were among the first in the state told their stories last night. They all said they were proud to defy the predictions of gay rights opponents who said same sex marriages would have a negative societal impact....but opponents of gay marriage say it's too soon to come to any conclusions. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson reports.