Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Arts & Culture
Wed February 27, 2013
The Berkshire Festival of Women Writers 2013
The Berkshire Festival of Women Writers is a month-long festival of women writers. We get a preview of all the events including panels, readings, lectures, and networking events.
A myriad of voices will be celebrated during the festival, including published playwrights; poets and novelists; bloggers; non-native speakers learning to write expressively in English and emerging writers. Panel discussions will be led by publishers, literary agents, social media strategists and other experts in the creative writing field.
Organizer Jennifer Browdy de Hernandez - Associate Professor of Comparative Literature, Media Studies and Human Rights at Bard College at Simon’s Rock joins us this morning. Suzi Banks Baum, an artist, writer, and full-time mom, is the author of: Laundry Line Divine: A Wild Soul Book for Mothers. And Sally-Jane Heit joins us. She has written and will perform on Saturday night, Before I Forget, a look at one woman’s life, loves, and losses.
WAMC Programs - The Book Show