Most Active Stories
- Retracing The Steps Of Solomon Northup In Saratoga Springs
- Health Summit Focuses On Gender Equality In Clinical Research
- Vox Pop : Medical Monday - Dr. Richard Horowitz : 2/24/14
- Senate Republicans Block Sanders Omnibus Veterans Bill
- Dr. David Trilling, Northern Arizona University - Can an asteroid impact Earth?
New England News
Thu August 2, 2012
Berkshire Health Care Providers Announce New Cancer Care Center
Berkshire County's leading health care providers have announced a partnership to open a $30 million, state-of-the-art cancer care center in Pittsfield.
Berkshire Health Systems, the county's largest employer, and Berkshire Hematology/Oncology, the region's largest private medical practice, announced Wednesday they expect to break ground in the fall on the four-story, nearly 50,000-square-foot facility. It is expected to fully operational within three years.
Berkshire Health Systems CEO David Phelps says the center is expected to compete with other comprehensive cancer-care facilities in Springfield, Boston and Albany, N.Y.
Berkshire County has up to 700 new cancer cases each year, a number that is only expected to go up.
The Berkshire Eagle reports that the cancer center will provide a full range of services in one facility.
Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.