Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu February 10, 2005
Berkshire Health Systems Back in Black
By John Krol
Great Barrington, MA – Berkshire Health Systems, parent company of Berkshire Medical Center and Fairview Hospital, is bucking the trend for health care providers -- posting a surplus for 2004. Officials say it's the result of long-range planning that began more than a decade ago. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief John Krol has the story.