Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New England News
Thu September 3, 2009
Berkshire Med Makes Layoffs, Regional Hospitals Making Cuts
By Charlie Deitz
Pittsfield, MA – Berkshire Medical Center has announced its second round of layoffs in three months, putting 65 more people out of work. State funding cuts and reduced revenues have been forcing hospitals around the region to make some hard choices. Our Berkshire Bureau Chief Charlie Deitz explores the issue .