Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
WAMC New York News
Thu September 30, 2004
Berkshires Spared from HUD Changes But Housing Problems Persist
By Kelly Wilkinson
Boston, MA – Changes to a federal housing program take effect across the country tomorrow. The Section 8 program provides subsidies to private landlords that help pay a portion of a tenant's rent. The amount of funding for the program has been in flux, as the Bush Administration says costs need to be contained, and housing advocates say the government is shortchanging the program. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has a look at what impact the changes have locally.