Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
WAMC New York News
Fri July 2, 2004
Berkshires Struggle With Less Access To Health Insurance
By Kelly Wilkinson
Washington, DC – A new study out by the Centers for Disease Control shows that despite the economy picking up, more people are lacking health insurance for long periods of time. Health care advocates say the numbers also shatter the long-held assumption that a steady job brings insurance. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has a look at how Massachusetts and Berkshire County are affected.