Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
WAMC New York News
Fri July 2, 2004
Berkshires Struggle With Less Access To Health Insurance
By Kelly Wilkinson
Washington, DC – A new study out by the Centers for Disease Control shows that despite the economy picking up, more people are lacking health insurance for long periods of time. Health care advocates say the numbers also shatter the long-held assumption that a steady job brings insurance. WAMC's Berkshire Bureau Chief Kelly Wilkinson has a look at how Massachusetts and Berkshire County are affected.