Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Major Decisions On Casinos, Hydrofracking And Thruway Tolls Due Before End Of Year
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
- Listener Essay - Reflections On A Life Well Lived
Tue August 19, 2014
Berlinger, Famed For "Paradise Lost" Series, Reinvestigates "The System"
“The System,” a new documentary series now airing on Al-Jazeera America, covers some familiar ground for Academy Award-nominated filmmaker Joe Berlinger.
A look at the criminal justice system in America, the eight-part series covers topics like mandatory minimums, eyewitness testimony, false confessions, and fickle forensics, demonstrating inconsistencies in the law that have led to innocent people being locked up for years.
Berlinger’s other films include the incredible Paradise Lost series about the West Memphis Three and Some Kind of Monster, which caught Metallica on the verge of a painful breakup.
Originally aired on 5/28/14.
Arts & Culture