Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
Wed May 16, 2012
Bershire Hathaway Buy 10 Million Shares Of GM
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a sign of confidence in the U.S. auto industry.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: Berkshire Hathaway has bought 10 million shares of General Motors. The company owned by the billionaire investor Warren Buffett spent just over $200 million for that stake in GM. It is the first time Berkshire has invested in an American automaker.
The move came after GM announced rising first-quarter sales and revenues, all at a company that was on federal life support a few years ago. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.