Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
Wed May 16, 2012
Bershire Hathaway Buy 10 Million Shares Of GM
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a sign of confidence in the U.S. auto industry.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: Berkshire Hathaway has bought 10 million shares of General Motors. The company owned by the billionaire investor Warren Buffett spent just over $200 million for that stake in GM. It is the first time Berkshire has invested in an American automaker.
The move came after GM announced rising first-quarter sales and revenues, all at a company that was on federal life support a few years ago. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.