Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
Wed May 16, 2012
Bershire Hathaway Buy 10 Million Shares Of GM
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
NPR's business news starts with a sign of confidence in the U.S. auto industry.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
INSKEEP: Berkshire Hathaway has bought 10 million shares of General Motors. The company owned by the billionaire investor Warren Buffett spent just over $200 million for that stake in GM. It is the first time Berkshire has invested in an American automaker.
The move came after GM announced rising first-quarter sales and revenues, all at a company that was on federal life support a few years ago. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.