Most Active Stories
- Cheerios Commercial Leaves Bitter Taste
- Breaking the Sound Barrier - NPR Labs Brings Radio To Hearing Impaired
- Dr. Dorothy Peteet, Columbia University – Hudson River and Climate Records
- Dr. Sara Konrath, University of Michigan – Age and Empathy
- Mass. Medical Marijuana Regulations Approved, Communities Prepare For Dispensaries
The Best of Our Knowledge
Sat April 14, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1127
Growing up with Dyslexia is no fun at all. Growing up with Dyslexia and never being diagnosed and getting the proper educational help...that can make school a nightmare. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll meet Sonya Bridges...a teacher who grew up in that situation and is now reaching out to help others.
Then we’ll hear the story of another remarkable woman who is reaching out to bring education and hope to others...Hannah Slocum of the west African country of Liberia. And we’ll spend an Academic Minute seeing how women in the US are being affected by the foreclosure crisis.