Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- North Adams Goes Unsilent: Electronic Audio Experience Fills Streets
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed May 2, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1128
Vampires, deadly spiders, lethal lasers, out-of-control asteroids...who knew that math could be so perilous. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll talk to the author of “The Book Of Perfectly Perilous Math”...and find out how students are learning math while saving the world..or not.
We’ll also hear about efforts to rebuild a school damaged in a deadly tornado last year...hear music from a school that uses the melodies of foreign countries to teach immigrants about their heritage. And we’ll also find out why the space between musical notes may be just as important as the music.