Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Where Did That Fried Chicken Stereotype Come From?
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed May 23, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1131
There’s a place in northern New York...a girl scout camp in the woods...where, for years, girls have gone to learn about nature and the outdoors...and about the value of loyalty and friendship. That camp ran into financial problems and had to close, but now a group of the camp's supporters have given it new life. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, the story of Camp Little Notch.
We'll also cross the ocean and visit a European kindergarten in the woods...and we'll spend an Academic Minute finding out why western forests in the US are feeling the heat.