Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed May 30, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1132
OK, try to wrap your head around this little chain for a minute. As the population ages, our doctors are ordering more and more labs tests to screen for disease. So we need more and more labs and lab technicians to perform and read these teats. But there’s another population that getting older - lab technicians. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll hear about the coming shortage of laboratorians and what’s being done to train technicians to take their place.
We’ll also visit a child care facility that’s also a senior center and see what these two groups can offer each other. And we’ll spend an Academic Minute keeping germs in their place in a mobile world.