Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed August 15, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1143
OK, here’s a statement that reeks with obvious-ness: Students with diabetes have special needs. The American Diabetes Association is working to train teachers and staff around the country to help with those needs. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll hear about the association’s Safe at School program.
We’ll also hear about the scientist who figured out how to study cell division, meet the music man of Durham, North Carolina who keeps band students going with teaching or playing a single note...and spend an academic minute inside your brain.