Most Active Stories
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- NY AG Breaks Cigarette Trafficking Ring, Hints Terror Ties
- Dr. Claudia Buchmann, Ohio State University – Higher Education Gender Gap
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed August 22, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1144
Do you know what a sedimentary scientist does? If your answer is “not much”, you misheard me. Not sedentary...sedimentary. It’s someone who pretty much digs in the dirt and looks for answers. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll talk to a sedimentary scientist and geo-chemist who is searching for the origins on life on Earth..in the Earth.
We’ll also spend an academic minute with plants that don’t need an dirt at all...at least they didn’t a few million years ago.