Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed August 29, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1145
Millions of students across the country are heading back to school. In some regions, they already been back for a few weeks. But in New York City, the new school year is just about to begin. High school can be a rough time even for people who speak English...but for kids who are new to the language and the country, well, you can imagine. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll talk to author Brook Hauser about the year she spent at the International High School at Prospect Heights in Brooklyn...and the book that came from those experiences.
We’ll also spend an Academic Minute learning why some people are just more willing to go the extra mile for success.