Most Active Stories
- Saratoga County Sheriff's Sgt. Resigns, Charged With Misconduct After Video Goes Viral
- Donation Of Historic Amusement Park May Be Brought To Referendum
- Maloney: de Blasio "Should Have Head Examined" After Withholding Clinton Endorsement
- Pittsfield's 3rd Thursdays Undergoes Changes For 2015 Season
- Western Massachusetts School Investigates Allegations Of Inappropriate Sexual Conduct
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed August 29, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1145
Millions of students across the country are heading back to school. In some regions, they already been back for a few weeks. But in New York City, the new school year is just about to begin. High school can be a rough time even for people who speak English...but for kids who are new to the language and the country, well, you can imagine. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll talk to author Brook Hauser about the year she spent at the International High School at Prospect Heights in Brooklyn...and the book that came from those experiences.
We’ll also spend an Academic Minute learning why some people are just more willing to go the extra mile for success.