Most Active Stories
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed September 26, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1149
If you were to look around and find yourself among some flattened, rotating disks of cool dust and gas extending for tens to hundreds of astronomical units, then congratulations, you’ve entered the neighborhood of an irradiated proto-planetary disk. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, our Astrobiology series continues with a guided tour of that star studded neighborhood..
We’ll also spend an Academic Minute directing traffic in that neighborhood.