Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Two NYS Legislators Look To Regulate E-Cigarettes
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
- MTA Police Identify Passengers Who Died In Metro-North Train Derailment
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed October 10, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1151
Over a century ago, a scientist set up one of the first microbiology labs in the United States. Today, that lab is called the National Institutes of Health. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll learn the history of the NIH on it’s 125th birthday.
We’ll also listen in as students in Pennsylvania protest budget cuts to education...and we’ll talk to the author of a new children’s book with Goldilocks and three dinosaurs.
We’ll also spend an Academic Minute with some Neanderthals trying to act smart.