Most Active Stories
- Dr. Russell Johnson, Michigan State University - The Harmful Effects of Smartphones
- The Great Debate - Single Payer or Private Insurance
- MA Health Connector Dwindles Backlog; Website Work Remains
- Dr. Russell Poldrack, University of Texas at Austin - Studying fluctuations of the brain
- A Whole Lotta Flash: Lesli Margherita In "Matilda: The Musical"
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed October 17, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1152
Almost nobody thinks getting a college education is bad. The thing is, almost nobody can afford to pay the tuition without a little help. That brings us to the 529 plans. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll learn about the college savings plans that help families save tax-free for college.
We’ll also get tips from the NIH for ways to start healthy habits throughout the school year...hear about a student in Myanmar who is trying to follow his passion for music... and spend an Academic Minute trying to direct traffic in the sky.