Most Active Stories
- Cousin, 19, Charged With Murder Of 5-Year-Old After Kidnapping Hoax
- County Execs Propose Partial Funding Plan For The New NY Bridge
- Part Five Of Student Loan Series Focuses On Young Farmers
- Officials Inaugurate High Speed Rail Line In Western Mass.
- Part Two Of Student Loan Series Looks At Adult Learners
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed November 14, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1156
History is happening every day. Some days may be more notable than others, but we never know when we wake up in the morning if today is going to be a day that will be remembered forever. 50 years ago, there were 13 days in October that became some of the most tense in American history. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll remember the Cuban Missile Crisis and hear how the history books remember those days.
Then we’ll head to Philadelphia, where a group of students are working to make school safe for everyone, include LGBT students.
We’ll also spend an Academic Minute seeing if abstinence-only sex education has an effect on the teen pregnancy rate.