Most Active Stories
- Scenic Rail Planned for Northern Berkshires, But Work Remains
- Prof. Nancy Prideaux, University of Texas Austin – Logistics of Black Friday
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Mayor-Elect, City Leaders Call For Verizon FIOS In Albany
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed November 14, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1156
History is happening every day. Some days may be more notable than others, but we never know when we wake up in the morning if today is going to be a day that will be remembered forever. 50 years ago, there were 13 days in October that became some of the most tense in American history. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll remember the Cuban Missile Crisis and hear how the history books remember those days.
Then we’ll head to Philadelphia, where a group of students are working to make school safe for everyone, include LGBT students.
We’ll also spend an Academic Minute seeing if abstinence-only sex education has an effect on the teen pregnancy rate.