Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed November 21, 2012
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1157
Remember the story of Johnny Appleseed...the man who legend says roaming the country planting his seeds wherever he went? Well, Janisse Ray isn’t roaming the country planting seeds, she’s touring colleges and universities talking about the importance of saving different varieties of seeds before they are lost forever. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll hear from Janisse about The Seed Underground.
Then we’ll visit a museum exhibit that features one of the most important documents of the 19th century. And we’ll spend an Academic Minute trying to find out if resistance really is futile.