Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed February 13, 2013
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1169
There’s always been a conventional way to get an education. You go to kindergarten, then grammar school, then high school, then college. Then it’s off to the workplace, hope you enjoyed the ride, watch your step...have a nice day. But with economic times being as dodgy as they’ve been over the past five years, that convention has been broken...at least when it come to college. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll hear how the non-traditional student is the new normal.
Plus we spend an academic minute teaching old dogs news tricks. Young ones, too.