Most Active Stories
- Boston Bombing Suspect's Body Finally 'Entombed,' Police Say
- Dr. Paul Booth, DePaul University – Cultural Meaning of Doctor Who
- Dr. Frank Elgar, McGill University – Psychological Health and Family Meals
- Dr. Zlatan Krizan, Iowa State University – Envy and Narcissism
- Complaints Voiced At Forum About VA Claims Backlog
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed February 13, 2013
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1169
There’s always been a conventional way to get an education. You go to kindergarten, then grammar school, then high school, then college. Then it’s off to the workplace, hope you enjoyed the ride, watch your step...have a nice day. But with economic times being as dodgy as they’ve been over the past five years, that convention has been broken...at least when it come to college. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll hear how the non-traditional student is the new normal.
Plus we spend an academic minute teaching old dogs news tricks. Young ones, too.