Most Active Stories
- Oakland Sweeps Yankees 3-2 In 18 Innings
- Report Cards Assessing Vermont Legislature on Business Issues Released
- Dr. Elizabeth Greene, Western University – Roman Shoes
- Dr. Leah Lakdawala, Michigan State University – Prenatal Sexism
- Dr. Thomas Wartenberg, Mount Holyoke College – Philosophy of Children’s Books
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed February 13, 2013
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1169
There’s always been a conventional way to get an education. You go to kindergarten, then grammar school, then high school, then college. Then it’s off to the workplace, hope you enjoyed the ride, watch your step...have a nice day. But with economic times being as dodgy as they’ve been over the past five years, that convention has been broken...at least when it come to college. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll hear how the non-traditional student is the new normal.
Plus we spend an academic minute teaching old dogs news tricks. Young ones, too.