Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
The Best of Our Knowledge
Thu March 7, 2013
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1172
Talking about race in America is still an uncomfortable conversation. But a professor in Boston found that teaching a class on the topic was a great way to bring the conversation to a racially diverse collection of high school students. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, we’ll talk about that class and about the new book “High Schools, Race, and America’s Future What Students Can Teach Us About Morality, Diversity, and Community".
Plus we spend an academic minute exploring the evolution of skin color.