Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed April 24, 2013
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1179
One of the truisms of life is the older we get, the better we were when we were younger. The same seems to be true when it comes to the founding fathers of the US. And the founder who seems to be getting the most attention and praise over the past few years is Thomas Jefferson. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge it’s time for another History Class, focusing on a new biography of Jefferson and what he meant...and continues to mean...to the nation he helped create.
We’ll also spend an academic minute looking at another time in history, the time that inspired Les Misérables.