Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Riverkeeper Raises Concern Over Fracking Waste As De-Icer For NY Roads
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- NY: Vatican Survey & "Francis Effect"
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed May 8, 2013
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1181
Since the 16th century, scientists have speculated about exo-planets. Which are, quite simply, planets that exist outside our solar system and orbit other stars in the galaxy. However it wasn’t until the 1980s that the first confirmed discovery of an exo-planet was documented. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, our Astrobiology Series returns featuring a fascinating conservation with a University of Chicago researcher about exo-planets.
Plus we’ll spend an academic minute finding out how some tiny stowaways in space could cause big problems for future space missions.