Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
- Conservation Group Praises USCG, EPA Oil-Spill Response Plan Effort
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed May 8, 2013
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1181
Since the 16th century, scientists have speculated about exo-planets. Which are, quite simply, planets that exist outside our solar system and orbit other stars in the galaxy. However it wasn’t until the 1980s that the first confirmed discovery of an exo-planet was documented. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, our Astrobiology Series returns featuring a fascinating conservation with a University of Chicago researcher about exo-planets.
Plus we’ll spend an academic minute finding out how some tiny stowaways in space could cause big problems for future space missions.