Most Active Stories
- New Analysis And Science Answer Governor Cuomo’s Fracking Concerns
- Anchor Stores Announced For Newburgh Shopping Complex
- BMC Nurses Picket Claiming Unsafe Staffing Levels
- Owens Would Like To Continue In Economic Development Role
- Vermont GMO Supporters Decry Federal Bill Targeting State Level Legislation
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed July 24, 2013
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1192
I think it’s safe to say that over the past few decades we have made enormous changes and advances in the way we communicate. Information is flowing at an amazing pace in almost every aspect in life. However…there is one surprising hold out: the scientific journal. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, a conversation on the evolution, or lack thereof, of scientific journals.
We’ll also talk to an author who says summer school needs to change from a place to review and make up for failed work, to a place for growth and advancement. Plus we’ll hear why, to many students, summer time equals freedom…and spend an academic minute with weeds and butterflies.