Most Active Stories
- Marlboro High School Students, Parents, Sue Coach, District
- Dr. Susan Fiske, Princeton University - Baseball and Schadenfreude
- F-35 To Be Housed At Vermont Air Guard Base
- Dr. David Hsu, University of Michigan – The Pain of Social Rejection
- White House Cites Pre-Existing Condition Case From Its Own Ranks
The Best of Our Knowledge
Wed July 24, 2013
The Best Of Our Knowledge #1192
I think it’s safe to say that over the past few decades we have made enormous changes and advances in the way we communicate. Information is flowing at an amazing pace in almost every aspect in life. However…there is one surprising hold out: the scientific journal. Today on The Best Of Our Knowledge, a conversation on the evolution, or lack thereof, of scientific journals.
We’ll also talk to an author who says summer school needs to change from a place to review and make up for failed work, to a place for growth and advancement. Plus we’ll hear why, to many students, summer time equals freedom…and spend an academic minute with weeds and butterflies.